2 month milestone


Today I was thinking about writing about the budget that came out yesterday but then I remembered something important about this month, something positive and something, which I really want to share with you guys.

On the 14th of this month marked a very important day for me. The 14th of this month marked 2 whole months without self-harm. The day before I got my leaving cert I was feeling low, anxious, lost and confused and I didn’t know what to do and as a result of all of these mixed feelings I took them out of myself to get some form of relief. It wasn’t a bad incident of self-harm but nevertheless it was still an incident of self-harm, which shouldn’t have happened, but it did and I regretted it.

To be honest I hadn’t really thought about this important date until today and I am extremely proud of myself. I guess I am more proud of this 2 month milestone because for the past four/five months I haven’t had support from the adult services as there is a whole range of stupid reasons why I haven’t been added to their case load yet. So with very limited support I am proud I managed to get 2 whole months without self-harm as over the past week or two I have been having a rough time, I have been struggling with urges but I have made it through those hard times.

At the moment while I don’t have support from adult services I am receiving professional support from my college who have been absolutely amazing and have done everything in their power to get to know me and work with me to ensure I am safe and I can keep myself safe.

So while I am struggling a bit at times I am doing ok, right not while I feel physically sick I feel good mentally which is a huge improvement from how I was feeling mentally yesterday. So a huge thank you has to go out to my college for the supports, which they have out in place for me and also to my college tutor who took the time yesterday to sit and talk with me to make sure I was doing ok. And finally a huge thank you must go to you guys, my readers, your lovely comments and support is what has been helping me to stay strong and fight the urges of self-harm!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame