Friendship.


So this post is going to be all about friendship if you didn’t notice that by the title. Over the past couple of months I have really realise the value of friendship. Since I have been in hospital and my friends have been by my side the whole time. I have the most amazing friends in the world they mean the world to me and I would be lost without them.
                                                                                                                                                                                         They have been so strong and supportive about the whole thing, they have helped to keep my blog updated, sent me texts and letters keeping me up to date on everything that I have been missing. They also know how important school work is to me and have sent me in notes so that I can try to keep up to date on all my school work. If it wasn’t for them I have no idea where I would be right now. All of my friends, family and teachers have been the people that have kept me going through all of this and of course the doctors and nurses and all the staff in the hospital too but my friend shave been my soul support.

Aoife got her mam to make me brownies, which were amazing and everybody especially the nurses seemed to enjoy at the hospital. They are the best thing that you could have to cheer you up along with ll of her other amazing cooking. Thanks Jane. :)

Ginger was put in charge of keeping my blog up to date for the first while and she did a great job of that and it also helped to keep me informed about things that I was missing. It was great to see that they were having good fun and Ginger was great at writing the blog posts.

If it wasn’t for them sending me in school work and notes I would more than likely have to redo fifth year next year and I don’t want that to happen. I have every intention on graduating school with the girls that are the reason I am still here today. I know that Louise sent me in Spanish worksheets often and I know I didn’t do them but everybody knows that the chances of me doing my Spanish are  very slim but I will get to them eventually.

I have had this picture with me for the past few months and it has been the most important picture to me through this whole journey to recovery. It hasn't just been these friends that have got me through everything, it has been the friends that i have made along the way as well that have got me through this.I have made friendships that will never be broken because we have connected in a way that many people don't. So as i left the hospital today for my discharge there was some tears but tears of happiness that i got to met the amazing people that I did and also because the staff in the hospital have made a huge impact on my life and I am just so grateful for them.

Every day that I have looked at this picture it has helped me make another step on my journey. It has helped me to remember why I was not going to give up and do all that I could do so that I could get home and back to my friends as soon as possible. The first few days were very hard and it was knowing that my friends would all still be my friends when I got discharged that got me through them. I had my bad days and my good days and it knew that I had friends that would help me through it.

So I guess that the mad bunch of dirty minded girls that I call my friends are the definition of true friends. I am glad to be able to call them my friends and I could not ask for a better group of friends. Thanks girls for everything, You all mean the world to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame