Learning to cope with stress.

Stress..... stress can be very hard to deal with and can often affect people in many different ways. It can be both emotional and physical and can often affect people very little to very severe. some people hurt themselves when they feel stressed. When I would feel stressed sometimes I would self-harm because it gave me control in a stressful situation and I was able to cope with what was going on. However the feeling i got of being in control only lasted for a short while as after I self-harmed and my feeling of being in control went again I was out of control due to  the shame of self-harming. I had no control after I self-harmed because I had to wear long selves and hid the marks. It did nothing for me. It only made things worse and it took me a while to realise that using self-harm as a way of coping with stress only caused me more stress in the end. I used being stress as a reason to self-harm but soon I became addicted to it and I was not able to stop or control it anymore. One way that helped me to break the habit of self-harming was to find new ways to cope with stress so that one of my reasons to self-harm was taken away and I had new helpful ways to deal with the stress that I was experiencing.

There are so many ways that you can deal with stress that are helpful than self-harm. Some ways that might help you deal with stress are:
Talk to friends and family.
Exercise.
Do some activities.
Listen to music.
Do some art.
Get involved a class.

I know that when you are feeling stressed self-harm seems like the best option but its not. I you take anything from this post at all it is that self-harm is not a good way to cope with stress. Anything simple such as watching a tv show can help you to relax and become less stressed is better than self-harming. The one thing that I would ask someone who self-harms is the next time that you feel stressed and like you  want to self-harm that you take a moment before you harm ad think about weather this is really going to make a difference. Try anything just please try not to self harm. Sure you can even send me an email and if I am on the computer I will send you back an email and we can just talk and it might help to distract you you less stress. Self-harm will only cause you more stress even if think that it will it does cause more stress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame