Why do people SH?

Many people SH for many different reasons so there is no way that I can write this post telling people all of the reasons as to why people self harm because everybody has their own reasons for doing it. My reasons for self harming in short are because it makes me feel in control of my life and also because it is better than thinking about the bad memories that I have from my past but I do know that SH is not the way to deal with the feelings that I have and you should certainly not SH.

There are many other ways of coping with feelings and emotions that we have and it is really just about finding the thing that works for you. Weather it is talking, exercise, using a stress ball, going out with friends anything is better than self harm because once you start it its very hard to stop because it becomes an addiction and can take a long time to stop.

Think about yourself for a bit now and answer some of these questions.:
What would your life be like if you didnt self harm?
Who is the one person you think can most understand what you are feeling?

These questions have not just randomly;y come out of my head they have come out of a work book that I am using in hospital to help me get to learn more about  my self harm and know myself better. The book is called "Stopping the pain" I have found this book very useful so far and i would suggest for other people to use it too.

 Keep strong and things will get better.
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame