Drive for life.

Yesterday class Amina had a road safety talk called Driving for life. The talk was on for the whole day and it was given to us by a very nice man called Mr McNeely. The talk was very good but there was a lot of things that were shocking and some very hard to take in. We saw some videos and things to highlight how important it is to wear a seatbelt and to drive carefully.

We seen videos from survivors of very bad car crashes and we also heard stories about other very bad car crashes. I did learn a lot and after watching some of those videos I know that I will always wear a seat belt in a car and I will never text and drive when I learn to drive.

It was from the start of the day until lunch when it was the worst part watching videos and things like that but after lunch we learned about applying for a license, taking the theory test and some basic first aid tips of what you should not do at the scene of a crash. And after that Mr McNeely said that he like to see everybody go home with a smile before he left so he showed us a few videos of people changing tires that were funny but in the end the three people go killed. But it wasn’t real so it was ok.

After that before we went home we watched a video that had nothing to do with road safety but we were told that we might like it. This was the video and it scared I think all most everybody in the class.


 I think Róisín got the biggest fright of her life, and after me grabbing her legs from under a table today and scaring her twice at lunch I don’t think she is going to be sleeping any time soon. Sorry Róisín.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame