I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike... :)

Yesterday for our first class we had a talk about cycling. The talk the reasons as to why you should cycle. We were also told the reason why people don’t cycle.

We should cycle for lots of reasons; here are some of the reasons:
It’s better for the environment,
It’s healthier,
It means that there is less traffic on the road.

He compares Ireland with another country. He compared Ireland with the Netherlands. Almost everybody in the Netherlands cycle everywhere. They have much better cycling facilities than what we have here in Ireland. It is normal to see people that are well off or have a very good job to be cycling in the Netherlands rather than being transported by car. They cycle in all kinds of weather too. It’s completely different than here in Ireland. In the Netherlands around 50 % of the population cycle while here in Ireland only 2 % of the population cycle regularly, what a difference.

Next week in school we are having a cycling week. This is to help us get our next green flag which is the transport flay. I would happily cycle to school but I don’t have a bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame