English trip... :)

Today all of the tys headed into town for our English trip. We had a jam packed day ahead of us with the plan that we were going to visit three different places. We were divided into our two lasses and despite our best efforts we were not allowed to Have Kellie in Amina for the day. Amina went to the W.B Yeats exhibition while Emnet went next door to the museum.

Here is what I learned about W.B Yeats:

The Yeats exhibition was really good and I found it very interesting. There was so much that I learned about William B Yeats that I didn’t know. He was such an interesting person. We were told that he wasn’t very good in school and it just shows you that anything is possible. He went from not being very good in his subjects to becoming a famous poet. I think that’s amazing.

Maud Gonne was a person that was very involved in his life.  He met her in 1889 and was very much in love with her. He proposed to her many times and each time she refused. He proposed to her five times formally but he also proposed to her many times informally. When he found out that the girl he thought was her niece but that she was really her daughter he tried proposing to her too but he still had no luck and she refused him too.

William B Yeats finally married a woman called Georgie Hyde Lees in the 1917. He had just turned 52 while Georgie had just turned 25. He had a daughter and a son. His daughter was called Anne and his son was called Michael. As W.B Yeats got older his heath started to get bad. He had an operation that was meant to make him feel younger. After this operation he felt as if he was going through his teenage years again.

He left Ireland to go to France in 1938 and he sadly did not return. He died in the South of France in 1939. He was buried in France but he was later moved back to Ireland and buried.

Here are some pictures form the exhibition.































After that then Amina went over to the museum while Emnet went to the Yeats exhibition. This was really good. We got to see history from all different ages. I want allowed to take photos though. But anyway it was really good. We were given a tour of the down stairs seeing all of the different ages and all of the Jewellery. I t was really good. I really like history so I thought that it was interesting.

After we seen all of that we made our way to see the bog bodies. Now this I didn’t really like. These were the bodies that have been preserved in the bogs and that people have found. They have been preserves very well but it wasn’t the most pleasant of sites. There were four all together but I didn’t go into all four of them. After the tour was over we got to have a look around for a while. We seen a lot more of the things that we had there.


After that it was time for some lunch. We had just longer than an hour to pretty much do what we wanted t do. Getting to lunch was fun. Especially the facet the me and Kellie stayed on the opposite side of the road looking for traffic lights while the rest of the group had all ready crossed the road. But we finally made it to the others for lunch. After lunch we wandered around for a bit and went into a few shops. Kellie and Louise kindly left me behind at one point so thanks for that... :)

Once we had all made it back not the museum after lunch it was time for us to make our way to the art gallery so that we could see some of Jack Yeats painting. I’m not really into art and I didn’t think that going to an art gallery would be fun but it wasn’t the worst thin. Some of the stories that we were told about the paintings were really interesting. They might have been a bit long and I would go into my own world after about the first five minutes but I got most of the story. The paintings were really nice too. Róisín was showing me some face or something in one of the paintings but I could never see it.

We seen about four paintings and we were given the chance to look at some of the other ones on the way back out. I dint notice that most people look depressed in paintings.After the art gallery went for a little stroll. Me and Kellie were convinced that Ms B was bringing us the wrong way to the bus but we were wrong. On our little walk to the bus some long and random way Kellie and Louise spent most of that time laughing at me so thanks guys really appreciate it... :) With the sun shining and the great atmosphere it was a great day.







Comments

Unknown said…
Wow an amazing blog I enjoyed reading it and getting to see all the neat pictures you took! best blog I have seen!:) hey check out my blog http://15delgal.edublogs.org/

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame